Friday 28 December 2012

The Sins of the Father (of science)

Isaac Newton is, without a doubt, one of the greatest scientific minds of history. He, as is most known, came up with the theory of gravity, revolutionizing science in the process. This keen intellect also invented the Spectrometer, which helped many great chemists discover elements of their own. However, there is always a dark side to such great scientific minds. In Newtons case his 49 sins. As a deeply religious person he noted down the 49 sins he could remember in a notebook at Whitsun.Here are a selection of his heinous crimes:

Using the word (God) openly
Making a feather on Thy day
Denying that I made it
Squirting water on Thy day
Making pies on Sunday night
Threatning my father and mother Smith to burne them and the house over them
Wishing death and hoping to some
Having uncleane thoughts words and actions and dreamese
Stealing cherry cobs from Eduard Storer
Denying that I did so
Setting my heart on money,learning, pleasure more than thee
Punching my sister
Robbing my mother's box of plums and sugar
Calling Dorothy Rose a jade
Peevishness with my mother
Idle discourse on Thy day and at other times
Not loving Thee for Thy ordinances
Fearing man above Thee
Using unlawful means to bring us out of distresses
Not craving a blessing from God on our honest endeavours
Missing chapel
Beating Arthur Storer
Peevishness at Master Clarks for a piece of bread and butter
Striving to cheat with a brass halfe crowne
Twisting a cord in Sunday morning

p.s. I have decided to write in my blog every other Friday, sometimes in every Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment